The Victory Culture
The culture of God’s kingdom is first, Christ-centered; then Bible-based; and thirdly, Holy Spirit empowered. These three ingredients are common to all real revivals. Our Victory culture is birthed out of this kingdom culture.
Culture begins with the way we think. (Pro 23:7) Habits of thought create inward attitudes which are expressed by behavior, and long term behavior creates culture.
Culture is what you feel when you walk into a place, and it is contagious - fire begets fire!
“When they saw the boldness of Peter and John… they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.” (Acts 4:13)
The following nine qualities help create our Victory culture.
1. Prayer: The habit of prayer, produces a spirit of prayer, which is the spirit of revival. Paul called it, “prayer without ceasing.”(1Thess 5:17)
2. Praise: “Seven times a day I praise You.” (Ps 119:164). If you want to change your environment and your attitude, start thanking and praising God throughout the day.
3. Purpose: These six words capture and direct our purpose: Evangelism, Discipleship, Mobilization, Leadership-development, Church planting, and World-missions.
4. Partnership: We are going somewhere together. A great vision requires great partners. The apostle Paul said: “you all are partakers with me of grace” (Philippians 1:7; 27)
5. Passion: What we do, we do with enthusiasm. Passion makes us relentless in the pursuit of our purpose.
6. Pastoral: People are our most valuable asset. We care for one another in covenant relationship.
7. Professional: We always strive for excellence. We try to do the very best we can with what we have.
8. Progressive: We are committed to increase. This means we are apostolic, visionary, forward thinking, ‘what’s next’ kind of people!
9. Positive: We have a positive faith attitude that looks for the good, believes the best and is willing to take a risk on people.
I call this our Victory Pea Pod! Imagine what would happen if these nine qualities formed the normal culture and DNA of our lives and churches. There is no doubt in my mind that we would become world changers and history makers that would hasten the return of our Lord Jesus.
Every one of us must:
Learn our DNA; Teach our DNA so that it is in every area of our lives and ministry. Eliminate things outside of our DNA; Live out of the strength of our DNA!
Yours for a kingdom culture …that will usher in revival and the return of Christ!